I had so much fun doing my trope battles last month and #MaytheTropebeWithYou Readathon this month that I thought maybe it should be a more regular thing. Yes, Trope Tuesday is nothing new, but there are so many fun tropes out that and I would love to get some of your book recommendations.
I will be starting this next week with a relatively easy trope, the Chosen One. So I hope you will join me for this then!
How it Works
Each week there will be a trope for you to use as inspiration. All post types are welcome: lists, book reviews, anything really, feel free to make it your own. Please link back to All the Books and Chocolate in your own post so that others know where to find more information.
You will find the upcoming trope list below so you can plan ahead. There will be a link-up on my weekly Trope Tuesday post for you to link to your blog if you’d like. If you don’t have a blog feel free to drop your list or other links n the comments so you can get in on the fun too.
Have a suggested trope or a question about what a certain trope means, let me know in the comments.
- August 4 – Fairytale retelling
- August 11 – Feisty Heroine
- August 18 – Undiscovered Powers
- August 25 – Dangerous Games
- September 1 – Boarding School
- September 8 – Tortured Hero
- September 15 – Time Travel
- September 22 – Ugly Duckling
- September 29 – Cryosleep
- October 6 – Haunted House
- October 13 – Curses and Superstitions
- October 20 – Animal Familiar
- October 27 – Secrets and Lies
- November 3 – Star-Crossed Lovers
- November 10 – Returning Home
- November 17 – Feuding Families
- November 24 – Deadly Deals
- December 1 – Mythology
- December 8 – Unbreakable Cycle
- December 15 – The Holidays
- December 22 – Happily Ever After